Saturday 9 May 2009

Mother's Day Special

With it being Mother's Day tomorrow, I thought it would be a good idea to show off some of the things my mother has made.

This cross-stitch pattern was published in an Afrikaans womans magazine called SARIE. It came just in time for the birth of our first son and Grandma got to work immediately to make this for her first grandson.



Then 16months later our second son was born and Grandma had to make another sampler. But where to get a different pattern? Eventually we ordered a pattern sheet from Jeanette Crew Designs and Mom made up a new sampler layout for Stefan.






Now, 9 years later, we are blessed with a baby girl, so again Grandma had to make a sampler. This time we had to look for a girlie theme. After much debating about fairies, angels, butterflies, etc we decided to make it a nature/South Africa theme. My mom had over the past few years completed a huge variety of the Mollink Designs Bird series so we decided to use some of those images. We included a few butterflies from Jeanette Crew. The other detail are my mom's own design.




I inherited my love for needlework, craft and creativity in general from my mom and my wish is that I can pass it on to my children too. Happy Mothers Day!!

No comments: