Thursday 29 September 2011

Garden therapy

I am not a gardener.  I like having a garden, but I don't do gardening. Alas every now and again in every person's life there comes a time when you have to make exceptions.  Today was such a day.  


Now, I don't usually write about negative things.  I try to make this blog about beauty, creativity and inspiration.  But I have to get this off my chest. 
It has been building up over the last few days...  that feeling of wanting to strangle certain people (read: a darling beloved offspring or two). So this morning after school drop-off I attacked the garden.  It was in it's end of season, overgrown, not very attractive state, so I ripped up old perennials, dug up dead shrubs and pruned back low hanging branches.  Then I dug up all the empty flower beds and mixed in some compost and other dead stuff.  I worked up a good sweat and burned a load of calories (or so I like to believe).


Then I went for a swim, showered and went back to school for pick-up. 
 I think I saved at least two lives today.




Tomorrow we will go to the Garden Center and buy something bright and flowery.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gardening to save lives, love it and so true.
Buurman