Monday 3 October 2011

Project ABC

I am starting a new project today.  It works like this:

I have chosen 26 random words, each one starting with a different letter of the alphabet and each one depicting a tangible object or idea. I will take each word and create something (anything) inspired by that word.  I can use any craft method I feel like but I am not allowed to work on it for more than 3 hours per idea/word. I will keep a notebook/sketchbook at hand to record my thought process and to brainstorm the idea.


The purpose of this exercise is to force myself to turn all these hundreds of ideas in my head into products.  I have great ideas (if I may say so myself) but they usually stay just that: ideas.  At the end of the month I hope to have objects/products instead of ideas.
If you have been reading this blog for a while you would know by now that planning and organizing is not my strong point.  Hopefully this will also help me to focus my mind and plan my days a bit better. We aim for results here :-)


The words I chose was just the first ones that came to mind which depicted something physical.  I avoided words which are not tangible like dream, hope, love, etc. The list looks like this:


Arab
Bicycle
Chocolate
Dress
Elephant
Face
Gift
Hands
India
Jewelry
Knitting
Leaves
Music
Numbers
Ocean
Plastic 
Qasr (Arabic for Castle/Fort)
Rock
Shoe
Text
Underwear
Vehicle
Water
Xhosa
Yellow
Zero


No comments: